Current Employment Opportunities
Current Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in a career with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarington! Please explore our current job openings below:
Title: Administration & Resource Development Coordinator
About Us: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarington is a not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to providing essential and life-changing mentorship opportunities that ignite children and youth to reach their potential, both as individuals and citizens.
Mission: Enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people in Clarington.
Vision: All young people in Clarington realize their full potential.
Employer: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarington
12-month contract with the likelihood of becoming long-term
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume to Darlene Brown, Executive Director at email@example.com The closing date for this position is February 7th, 2022.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for overseeing BBBSC’s day-to-day administrative operations and will drive the agency’s efforts to increase fundraising potential through the management of current campaigns/initiatives and the development of new fundraising opportunities.
The successful candidate will also manage volunteer opportunities and promotional efforts that directly support fundraising initiatives and build brand awareness.
This person will work closely with internal/external stakeholders including BBBSC staff, board members, agency volunteers, donors, supporters, sponsors and community partners.
Four key areas of this role include:
- Office Administration
- Fund Development
- Marketing/Promotions & Event Support
- Volunteer Management
- Answer phones, respond to all inquiries in a timely manner (phone, in-person, online), provide exceptional customer service to all guests and stakeholders
- Compose and edit correspondence, thank you letters, press releases, and various other documents as needed
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization; purchase office supplies (as needed) and ensure that all electronic equipment is kept in good working order
- Complete monthly Health and Safety Checks to ensure compliance with safety legislation
- Process transactions and produce donor reports on a monthly basis
- Assist with board administration duties including recording minutes at monthly board meetings and managing the filing system for board policies and files
- Foster strong relationships with new and existing donors/partners by identifying, soliciting, and stewarding prospective community partners, donors, funders and sponsors
- Manage and develop the existing monthly giving program
- Assist in setting and achieving fundraising goals by identifying and implementing new and creative fundraising opportunities
- Manage communication with existing donors and oversee donor-related activities including processing donations, tax receipting, maintaining accurate donor records, acknowledgement/stewardship efforts, and reports
- Assist with the research and writing of grant and fundraising proposals
Marketing, Promotions & Event Support
- Monitor and manage agency website and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) to ensure that external stakeholders receive up-to-date and relevant information on the agency’s activities and initiatives
- Develop promotional and marketing materials as required (i.e., posters, brochures, flyers, invitations, event materials, quarterly newsletters)
- Assist with outreach, planning, sponsorship solicitation, promotion and execution of fundraising events (including third-party events)
- Oversee the agency volunteer management process
- Use multiple channels to recruit agency volunteers including social media, marketing and community outreach opportunities (presentations to service clubs, high schools, universities/colleges, church groups, etc.)
- Screen, interview, train and track all volunteers interested in the Community Ambassador program (event and agency support)
- Maintain agency’s Community Ambassador program, ensuring regular communication with volunteers
- Work in conjunction with the BBBSC team to ensure that all events are adequately staffed with volunteers
- Responsible for volunteer stewardship and acknowledgement efforts
- Other related duties as required
Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in fund development, office administration, business, event planning, communications/public relations, marketing/promotions, volunteer management or other related disciplines.
- 2-3 years of related or relevant work experience
- Interest or experience within a community-based not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to network and develop meaningful contacts within the community; able to deliver excellent customer service
- Effective communicator; comfortable in soliciting and stewarding donors and sponsors
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of (and experience with) Microsoft Office Suite programs, databases, and other internet/technological applications and equipment (phone system, photocopier/printer, etc.)
- Ability to create, compose and edit both written and visual creative materials (letters, brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, etc.)
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Provide a clear criminal reference check with vulnerable sector search
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (please see vaccination policy section below)
To be discussed with Executive Director
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
Full vaccination is an essential requirement of employment with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clarington, subject to accommodations required by human rights legislation.
Definition of “Fully Vaccinated”
This means an individual who has received two doses of a Health Canada approved vaccine (or one dose of the Janssen vaccine) and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose of the vaccine (or first dose of the Janssen vaccine). If booster shots are required by Health Canada (with requirements varying potentially based on the Vaccine), “Fully Vaccinated” should be interpreted to mean fully compliant with any such recommendations within a reasonable amount of time-based on the accessibility and availability of the booster shots.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of our community. We aim to provide inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.